Chairman and Executive Director
Executive Director and Deputy General Manager
Independent Non-executive Director
Independent Non-executive Director
Independent Non-executive Director
Independent Non-executive Director
Deputy General Manager
Chairman of the Labor Union
Mr. Rui Xin Sheng (芮新生) is the chairman of the Board, an executive Director, the general manager and the compliance officer of the Company. He is a researcher and a senior engineer in the Company as well. He was one of the founders of the Company in December 1992. Mr. Rui graduated from Jiangsu Institute of Technology (江蘇化工學院) with a bachelor’s degree in organic synthesis in 1982. He obtained an executive master of business administration in Nanjing University (南京大學) in 2005. He is the vice chairman of the Committee of Biochemical Engineering of the Chemical Industry and Engineering Society of China (中國化工學會生物化工專業委員會), the deputy managing director of the Association of Biochemistry of China (中國生物化工協會), the deputy managing director of Jiangsu Commission of Biotechnology (江蘇省生物技術協會) and a part-time professor at the Nanjing University of Technology (南京工業大學). Due to his significant achievements in the field of biochemistry, Mr. Rui received numerous awards including the First Class Award of Scientific Development and Technology Improvement in Changzhou (常州市技術改造一等獎) and the Second Prize of Changzhou City Scientific and Technological Achievement (常州市科技進步二等獎) in 1997. The Concurrent Production Technology invented by Mr. Rui, Ms. Leng Yi Xin and Mr. Jiang Jun Jie obtained a patent in the PRC during 1998. Other awards obtained by Mr. Rui include the Fourth Annual Excellent Scientists of Changzhou City (常州市第四屆傑出科技人員) in 1999, the DuPont Innovation Award and Youth Expert with Excellent Contribution in Jiangsu Province (江蘇省有突出貢獻的中青年專家) in 2000, the First Class Award of State Technological Achievement (國家科技進步一等獎) in 2001, Innovative Entrepreneur of Jiangsu Province (江蘇省創新創業人才獎), the Second Class Award of Petrol Chemical Industry Technological Achievement in the PRC (中國石油化學工業行業科技進步二等獎) in 2003 and the First Class Award of Jiangsu Province Technological Achievement (江蘇省科學技術進步一等獎) in 2005. Mr. Rui is the spouse of Ms. Leng Yi Xin (a non-executive Director).
Mr. Pan Chun (潘春) is an executive Director and a deputy general manager of the Company. He obtained a bachelor’s degree in industrial analysis from the department of applied chemistry of the Nanjing University of Technology (南京工業大學) in 1993. Mr. Pan is recognized as a senior engineer by the Jiangsu Provincial Personnel Department (江蘇省人事廳). Mr. Pan is responsible for the management of sales, production, safety and environment protection of the Company. He received the First Class Award of Changzhou Technological Achievement (常州市技術改造一等獎) in 1997. Mr. Pan received the First Class Award of Technological Invention (技術發明一等獎) from China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Association (中國石油和化學工業協會) in 2003, the May 1st Labour Medal of Changzhou City (常州市五一勞動獎章) in 2011 and the Model Worker of China Light Industry (中國輕工行業勞動模範) in 2012. He joined the Company in August 1993.
Mr. Zeng Xian Biao (曾憲彪) is a non-executive Director. He graduated from Nanjing Petrochemistry School (南京石油工業學校) in 1961. He has extensive experience engaging in research, development and production management in the field of chemistry. Mr. Zeng received various awards including the Golden Prize for Technological Improvement - Maleic Anhydride 2000t/a (順酐2000t/a技改省金牛獎) from the State Economic Commission (國家經濟委員會), Maleic Anhydride 3000t/a Technology Improvement (3000t/a順酐重點技改先進個人), as well as the Municipal Contribution Award for the Ninth Five-year Period and the Millennium (市九五跨世紀奉獻獎) and the Second Annual State Award for Technological Development (省第二次合理化建議科技成果獎). He is currently a director of the Shuguang Factory. Mr. Zeng joined the Company in December 1992.
Mr. Yu Xiao Ping (虞小平) is a non-executive Director. Mr. Yu graduated from East China Normal University (華東師範大學) with a bachelor’s degree in English in 1977. He holds directorships in various pharmaceutical and investment companies in the PRC. Besides his experience in trading of pharmaceutical products, he has experience in promoting and facilitating the inspection and approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for various PRC pharmaceutical products, of which he became the executive agent and has established a trading business in the United States of America. Mr. Yu joined the Company in December 1992.
Ms. Leng Yi Xin (冷一欣) is a non-executive Director. She graduated from the Jiangsu Institute of Technology (江蘇化工學院) with a bachelor’s degree in organic synthesis in 1982 and subsequently obtained a master’s degree in chemical engineering from Nanjing University of Technology (南京工業大學) in 1996 and earned a doctorate in bio-chemical engineering from Nanjing University of Technology in 2005. She is also a professor of the department of chemical engineering of the School of Petrochemical Engineering in Changzhou University (常州大學石油化工學院). Ms. Leng has participated in various research projects and published more than 50 papers. As mentioned above, Ms. Leng is one of the inventors of the Concurrent Production Technology. She obtained the Second Class Award of Technological Invention (技術發明二等獎) from China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Association (中國石油和化學工業協會) in 2004. She also obtained the First Class Award of Jiangsu Province Technological Achievement (江蘇省科學技術進步一等獎) in 2005 and the Third Class Award of Jiangsu Province Technological Achievement (江蘇省科學技術進步三等獎) in 2010. She is the spouse of Mr. Rui (the chairman of the Board and an executive Director). She joined the Company in June 2001.
Mr. Wang Jian Ping (王建平) is a non-executive Director. He graduated from Shanghai Jiao Tong University (上海交通大學) with a bachelor’s of engineering degree in 1983 and subsequently obtained a master’s of engineering degree from Shanghai Jiao Tong University (上海交通大學) in 1986. Mr. Wang is currently a general manager of Shanghai Technology Entrepreneur Investment Company Limited (上海科技創業投資股份有限公司). Mr. Wang has been a director of the 704 Research Centre of the Seventh Institute of the China Shipping Company (中國船舶總公司七院704研究所) and a visiting scholar of the department of energy in the University.
Prof. Ouyang Ping Kai (歐陽平凱) is an independent non-executive Director. He graduated from Tsinghua University (清華大學) with a bachelor’s degree in 1968 and subsequently obtained a master degree in chemistry research from the same university in 1981. From 1985 to 1987, he was a visiting scholar of the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Prof. Ouyang is an academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (中國工程院). Prof. Ouyang was the President of Nanjing University of Technology (南京工業大學) and instructed dozens of master’s and doctorate students. He also holds memberships and positions in various science and academic institutions. Prof. Ouyang obtained various awards including the First Prize of the State Technological Achievement (國家科技進一等獎) in 2001, the Technology Achievement Award from the Ho Leung Ho Lee Foundation, the Dupont Innovation Award and several other national level awards. Prof. Ouyang has published more than 180 papers and two books. Prof. Ouyang was first appointed as an independent non-executive Director in June 2001.
Prof. Yang Sheng Li (楊勝利) is an independent non-executive Director. Prof. Yang is a researcher of Shanghai Research Center of Biotechnology Chinese Academy of Science (中國科學院上海生物工程研究中心). In 1997, he became the academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (中國工程院). Prof. Yang has long been engaging in research relating to genetic function and structure and genetic engineering. He has instructed dozens of master’s and doctorate students and published more than 80 papers. Prof. Yang has received the First Class Award of Technological Achievement (科技進步一等獎) from the Chinese Academy of Sciences (中國科學院) in 1988, the Second Prize of Yilide Technology (第二屆億利達科技獎) from the Chinese Academy of Sciences (中國科學院) in 1989, and the First Prize of Innovative Workers (先進工作者一等獎) from the Committee of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the PRC (中國科技部委員會). He was first appointed as an independent non-executive Director in June 2001.
Ms. Wei Xin (衛新) is an independent non-executive Director. Ms. Wei is a certified public accountant in the PRC. She graduated from Soochow University (蘇州大學) in accountancy in 1989. She has over fifteen years of experience in auditing and accounting. Ms. Wei is currently the partner of a certified public accounting firm in the PRC. Ms. Wei was first appointed as an independent non-executive Director in September 2004.
Ms. Au Fung Lan (歐鳳蘭) is an independent non-executive Director. Ms. Au has over 12 years of experience in investment banking in Hong Kong. She earned a bachelor’s degree of commerce from the University of Toronto in 1997. Ms. Au is currently the executive director of an investment bank in Hong Kong. She was first appointed as an independent non-executive Director in June 2013.
Mr. Wan Yi Dong (萬屹東) is the deputy general manager of the Company. Mr. Wan is recognized as an engineer by the Bureau of Personnel of Chang Zhou Municipality (常州市人事局). He graduated from Zhejiang University in 1996 with a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry. In 2004, he obtained a master’s degree in business administration from Nanjing University of Science and Technology. He joined the Company in August 1996. He was engaged in the technology advancement of bio-enzyme and immobilised enzyme technology and has been involved in various projects of the Company in respect to improvement in production technology and new technology on new products. Mr. Wan has published many articles in professional chemical magazines. He obtained various awards including the 常州市科技進步一等獎 (The First Class Award of Changzhou City Technological Achievement) in 2001 and 中國石油和化學工業協會科技進步二等獎 (The Second Class Award of Petrol Chemical Industry Technological Achievement in the PRC) in 2003. Mr. Wan joined the Company in August 1996.
Ms. Zhang Qin Ying (張琴英) is the deputy general manager of the Company. She is also the supervisor of Lianyungang Changmao. She is a senior economist. She studied in Finance School of Changzhou (常州財經學校), specializing in financial management in 1999. She has also studied in The Chinese Communist Party School of Jiangsu Province in 2007, specializing in economic management. She has years of strong management experience in finance and labour union. She also serves as the chairman of the Union of Chemical Industry of Changzhou (常州市化工行業工會) and vice-chairman of the Union of Chemical and Light Industry in Changzhou (化輕產業工會). Ms. Zhang joined the Company in September 1993.
- Two executive Directors, namely, Mr. Rui Xin Sheng (Chairman) and Mr. Pan Chun
- Four non-executive Directors, namely, Mr. Zeng Xian Biao, Mr. Yu Xiao Ping, Ms. Leng Yi Xin and Mr. Wang Jian Ping
- Four independent non-executive Directors, namely, Prof. Ouyang Ping Kai, Prof. Yang Sheng Li, Ms. Wei Xin and Ms. Au Fung Lan
Board Diversity Policy
- The Group adopted a board diversity policy (the “Board Diversity Policy”) on 16 August 2013.
- The Company believes that a diversity of perspectives can be achieved through consideration of a number of factors, including but not limited to skills, regional and industry experience, background, race, gender and other qualities. In carrying out its perspective on diversity, the Company will also take into account factors based on its own business model and specific needs from time to time. The Company endeavors to ensure that its Board has the appropriate balance of skills, experience and diversity of perspectives that are required to support the execution of its business strategy and for the Board to be effective. The ultimate decision will be based on merit and contribution that the selected candidates will bring to the Board.
- The Remuneration Committee was established to ensure there are formal and transparent procedures for developing and overseeing the Company’s policies on the remuneration of its directors and senior management. The Remuneration Committee comprises four independent non executive Directors, namely, Prof. Ouyang Ping Kai, Prof. Yang Sheng Li, Ms.Wei Xin and Ms. Au Fung Lan and an executive Director, Mr. Rui Xin Sheng.
- The Remuneration Committee makes recommendations to the Board on the remuneration packages of individual executive Directors and senior management.
- The remuneration of Directors and senior management is based on the skills, knowledge and involvement in the Company’s affairs of each Director or senior management and are also determined with reference to the performance and profitability of the Company.
- The Company has established an audit committee with written terms of reference in compliance with the Listing Rules. The Audit Committee comprises four independent non-executive Directors, namely, Prof. Ouyang Ping Kai, Prof. Yang Sheng Li, Ms. Wei Xin and Ms. Au Fung Lan.
- The primary duties of the Audit Committee are to review and to provide supervision over the financial reporting process and internal control procedures of the Group, to review the Group’s financial information and to review the audit plan, audit findings and independence of the auditors of the Company.
- The Nomination Committee was established to formulate and implement the nomination policy and Board Diversity Policy, nominate candidates of Directors for election by shareholders and to assess the independence of independent non-executive Directors.
- The Nomination Committee comprises four independent non-executive Directors, namely, Prof. Ouyang Ping Kai, Prof. Yang Sheng Li, Ms. Wei Xin and Ms. Au Fung Lan and an executive Director, Mr. Rui Xin Sheng.
- The supervisory committee is accountable to the general meetings. The primary responsibilities of the supervisory committee include the monitoring of whether the Directors and senior management have, in the performance of their duties, acted in contravention of any laws, administrative regulations, the Articles of Association of the Company or the resolutions passed at general meetings; and the reviewing of the Company’s financial information. Supervisors can attend the Board meetings.
- The supervisory committee comprises two supervisors nominated by shareholders, Ms. Zhou Rui Juan and Mr. Lu He Xing, a supervisor nominated by employees, Mr. Zhang Jun Peng and two independent supervisors nominated by shareholders, Prof. Jiang Yao Zhong. and Mr. Geng Gang.
- The Company Secretary, Ms Wan, Pui Ling Alice, is responsible for facilitating the Board process, as well as communications among Board members, and with shareholders and the management.
- She reports to the Board Chairman and the general manager of the Company.
Listed Date 28 Jun 2002
Address Room 54, 5/F, New Henry House, 10 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
Telephone (852) 2525-2821
Facsimile (852) 2525-6994